Quality over quantity. Why posting less frequently in favour of more engaging content is better.
July 13, 2018

One of the questions I get asked regularly is, ‘How often should I post on my Facebook page?’
 If you ask me, there is no single correct answer. What I suggest to all the female solopreneurs that I work with is that you post consistently, and however many posts that is week in, week out, is what YOU should do. There is no point, however, if you can’t manage at least 3-4 posts per week. You’ll constantly feel like you’re wasting your time with anything less, you’ll get no traction. But for those of you who are managing to be posting more that 3-4 posts per week, I want to talk to you about quality over quantity.

You see, you don’t need to post 4 times per day. And the reason for this is ENGAGEMENT. It’s actually better to post LESS frequently, especially if it means your content is going to be more engaging. Engagement is what determines the quality of your post. Engagement is the stuff that people DO on your post. Liking it, reacting it, commenting on it, sharing it. Engagement is what you want, because the more engagement you get, the more people your post will be shown to. You’re better off spending 5mins creating one post, putting thought and effort into it to make it interesting, than sharing 5 of your blog articles. Why? External links. 

Also, Facebook doesn’t love external links. External links are links that send people off Facebook. Facebook wants its users to stay on Facebook, so you’ll probably find that links to your blog articles don’t get as much reach as your other posts. This is why we use the 80/20 rule. 80% of your content should be non-promotional and keep people ON Facebook. This includes posts about you, posts that add value to the lives of your fans, posts that share what you’re up to and posts that are fun and entertaining. The other 20% can be links to opt-ins, your paid services and other promotional stuff. We want to spread the 20% out amongst other highly engaging content, to give it the best chance of reaching as many people as possible.

So if you’re stuck for ideas and you’re not sure what to post, here’s a list of post ideas to get you going. I’ve also got a free workbook for more inspiration. Grab your free copy here: bit.ly/chenaesfbworkbook

1 Comment

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

My story: Side hustle to six figures

I don’t talk about it much, but my business technically started as a side hustle in 2015. I was in my late twenties and kicked things off with a couple of in-person sassy self-love workshops. I was working full-time (Monday to Friday) in a marketing job and doing a...

Make sure that making money is a priority!

Make sure that making money is a priority! For my clients in the early stages of their businesses, we work towards them moving away from using their personal finances to fund their biz expenses ASAP. Being discerning with your biz expenses is essential. There are...