Are you making the most out of your FB biz page? Is the content that you post the RIGHT content? How do you know you’re not wasting your time? Sometimes, to be honest, I get sick of saying this. I feel like I am on repeat. But this is my message. My core message is about CONSISTENCY. And if I’m not consistent with my message, I can’t reach as many people. So I keep going. I wrote a whole blog on this, check it out here.
My gold nugget for you today is about the types of posts your FB biz page needs.
ONE: SOCIAL CONTENT
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. If your FB page is missing social content, it’s gonna get boring. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that because it’s a biz page that it’s only allowed to have biz related content. Don’t leave the SOCIAL part out of social media. Social are posts that are about you, what you’re up to and things that are happening in your life that are interesting.
- Dining out, good coffee, good food? (see example here)
- An idea you’ve had, or something new you’d like to try (see example here)
- Something I’m up to (see example here)
- Fun facts about things you do (see example here)
TWO: YOU (and your message)
What are you all about? Do you post about it? Or do you just assume that people already know? What if you’ve got new followers to your page? Are they expected to know all the things you’ve already posted about? No. Make it easy for people to get to know you and your message.
- My message and educating people (see example here)
- Personal stories, your journey in business (see example here)
- My face (see example here)
You’ve gotta give value to your followers. Don’t worry about giving away all your good stuff. People love it when it’s worth it for THEM to follow you. Think about this – are you reading this because you know I give value freely? And – if you booked a session with me, would you still get value? You’re damn right you will!
- Tips about your zone of genius (see example here)
- Facebook lives with helpful info (see example here)
- Tricks and hacks to help them (see example here)
FOUR: FUN CONTENT
Fun content is content that is not related to your biz, and sometimes not even related to you (but it can be). A lot of people struggle with this one, but it’s actually really easy when you get past that block of thinking a biz page is only for biz stuff.
- Get people to share about themselves by sharing something about you first (see example here)
- Entertain your followers (see example here)
- Engage your followers (see example here)
- Fun for the sake of fun (see example here)
- Make ’em laugh! (see example here)
- Don’t be afraid to stretch your own limits (see example here)
FIVE: YOUR OFFERS
Quite simply, you need to put up posts about what you sell. Now remember – they’re typically not high performing posts, which is why you need all the other good stuff I’ve mentioned above to give these promo posts as much reach as possible.
- The stuff you sell (see example here)
- Your freebies (see example here)
- A softer sell, behind the scenes freebie post (see example here)
If you’re not including all of these elements on your FB biz page that you are missing opportunities to see your page thrive. I’d love to help you with it – grab a copy of my FB content ideas PDF here.